Saturday, March 3, 2012

Treasures found.....

Finally after 5 years of waiting to move back home....(can you hear me yahooo-ing?)...I am in pack mode big time. I have been packing and we have our storage unit full...but there are always those objects that give me the "creature comforts" of warmth and home that I have put off wrapping in paper and shoving tightly into a box.......but after this weekend...guess what?....it's time to do so.
I have so many great and memorable times remembered with my daughter scouting for the "perfect" thing to set aside a memory of a great outing or a favorite hunting trip for a certain item. Silly little things but those that make your heart warm and your smile a bit brighter.....when I remember the ah ha moments or that of my giggling little girl......
I love these plates...they adorn my hutch in my dining room...well most of them anyways....I do use them quite often and I don't think I have ever found another pattern that has given me much pleasure every time I use them or admirer them when walking by them sitting there on the hutch shelves. Ballad designs had them long ago and they were expensive....these are for TJMAXX are were not...:o) <-----big smile ....LOL

This pitcher is a favorite of mine. I remember purchasing this on Ebay so many, many years ago. When it arrived my daughter said..."Mama is that poison ivy?"......I remember we giggled and she said she learned about poison ivy from Seth in her kindergarten class....."he got some going camping and he got sick on his arm." (I'm not sure Seth even went camping...I think he had quite a few mesquito bites however...LOL)


This little honey holder "bee hive" is very old. I found it at an antique store in Twin Falls, Idaho. It's worn and tattered of time but is still one of those things that I treasure....I wonder who ever owned it to begin with....and who filled it with such sweetness....who opened it up and stuck their finger into it and ran out of the kitchen......who would have thought it would have ended up in our home...Although I am totally nuts over birds.....I love Bees...they adorn us with the color of flowers...without them...summer would not be so lush and full of beautiful blooms and fragrance.....

So there you have it this morning...before paper is wrapped around all and headed  off to storage....I had to have one last look.....one last touch.....one last perfect memory of the adventure and the Treasures found.......thanks for stopping by.....

No comments: